ABA (APPLIED BEHAVIORAL ANALYSIS) LINKS
1. "Teaching Language to Children with Autism or Other Developmental Disabilities" – by Dr. Mark Sundberg and Dr. James Partington. This book is the best single resource for teaching children with autism. It clearly and thoroughly outlines how to establish and maintain an ABA/VB assessment and intervention program. It may be purchased at Behavior Analysts, Inc. at http://www.behavioranalysts.com/ or at Different Roads to Learning http://www.difflearn.com/.
2. "Assessment of Basic Language and Learning Skills" – by Dr. Mark Sundberg and Dr. James Partington. The ABLLS is an assessment instrument, skills tracking tool, and curriculum development guide. It serves each of these functions very well and we find it an essential part of an effective ABA/VB program for early intervention and young children. It may be purchased at Behavior Analysts, Inc. at http://www.behavioranalysts.com/ or at Different Roads to Learning http://www.difflearn.com/. The ABLLS was revised in 2006 and released as the Updated ABLLS-R by Dr. James Partington.
3. "The Verbal Behavior Milestones Assessment and Placement Program" – by Dr. Mark Sundberg. The VB-MAPP is an assessment tool, curriculum guide, and skill tracking system that is designed for children with autism, and other individuals who demonstrate language delays. http://www.marksundberg.com/vb-mapp.htm
4. "Teaching Verbal Behavior: Getting Started" – First in a series of ABA/VB training DVDs by Holly Kibbe and Cherish Twigg. They are well-known for their top-notch ABA/VB training workshops. Available at Establishing Operations, Inc. http://establishingoperationsinc.com/ .
5. The Verbal Behavior Network provides a wealth of free training and teaching materials including resources to assist in teaching Sign Language. http://www.vbntraining.com/resources/, http://www.thefate.org/, and http://www.vbteam.com/.
7. “Educate Toward Recovery” by Robert Schramm.